Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bugs Bunny by Chuck Jones and Me


Sometime ago I posted this sketch of Bugs Bunny that was drawn by Chuck Jones for his 1943 cartoon, "Super Rabbit". I got this image from the wonderful Chuck Reducks Blog run by Jones' family.


I love any opportunity to ink my art heroes and finding this pencil sketch of Bugs by Jones was like finding gold (especially this being so early in Bugs' career). Above are my inks over Jones' pencils after a little bit of clean up and tightening the lines.


Above here I xeroxed my inked piece and colored it using Berol-Prismacolor Markers. This was a sheer delight for for me. In my opinion Chuck Jones was the greatest animation director of all time and this opportunity to ink the masters pencils was a true honor.

I hope you all like it as much as I enjoyed working on it.

2 comments:

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

Very nice. I am slowly introducing my kids to Bugs Bunny. I wish Netflix had more instantly available Looney Tunes.

Shazamaholic said...

I really like this early version of Bugs where he has more of an egg shaped head.